As a joint venture of the University of Sheffield and CITY College, SEERC benefits from a management and oversight structure that ensures close cooperation between the three institutions. SEERC has also established an international advisory board whose members come from each of the 11 countries covered by SEERC's mission as well as representatives from organizations and institutions that serve Europe and the SEE region.
SEERC Steering Committee
University of Sheffield
- Prof. Tony PAYNE, Co-director of the Sheffield Political Economy Research Institute (SPERI), (Steering Committee Chair)
- Dr. Chay BROOKS, Lecturer, Management School (SEERC RT1 Leader)
- Dr. Mike STANNET, Senior Lecturer, Department of Computer Science (SEERC RT2 Leader)
- Dr. Christopher JONES, Director of Impact, Department of Psychology (SEERC RT3 Leader)
- Dr. Barry DIXON, Research & Innovation Services, Faculty of Social Sciences
- Mr. Nikos ZAHARIS, Director of SEERC
- Prof. Panayotis KETIKIDIS, Chairman of SEERC Management Committee
- Dr. Iraklis PARASKAKIS, Senior Research Officer, SEERC
- Dr. Pavlos Gkasis, Lecturer, Business Administration and Economics Department, CITY College (SEERC RT1 Leader)
- Dr. George ELEFTHERAKIS, Senior Lecturer, Department of Computer Science, CITY College (SEERC RT2 Leader)
- Dr. Efrosyni KALYVA, Honorary Senior Lecturer, Department of Psychology, CITY College (SEERC RT3 Leader)
- Dr. Zoi Tatsioka, Lecturer, Department of English Studies, CITY College
SEERC International Advisory Board (IAB)
- Lord Richard BEST, Life Peer and Member of the House of Lords, UK Parliament (Chairman).
- Mr. Yannis VERVERIDIS, Principal, CITY College-International Faculty of The University of Sheffield.
- Prof. Panayiotis H. KETIKIDIS, Vice-Principal, CITY College, Chairman of the SEERC Management Committee.
- Mr. Baybars ALTUNTAS, Entrepreneur, Angel Investor, Author, Turkey.
- Ms. Zoya DAMIANOVA, Programme Director, Applied Research and Communications Fund (ARC ), Bulgaria.
- Mr. Ognen FIRFOV, Chief Sales Director at Makedonski Telekom/Magyar Telekom/Deutsche Telekom Group, F.Y.R. Macedonia.
- Prof. Enver HOXHAJ, member of parliament ex Minster of Education and Foreign affairs, Kosovo*.
- Prof. Sergei IGNATOV, Head of the Bulgarian Institute of Egyptology, New Bulgarian University, Bulgaria.
- Prof. Dimitris KERIDIS, Associate Professor of International Politics, Panteion University, Greece Senior Advisor, The Konstantinos G. Karamanlis Foundation Director, Navarino Network & Olympia Summer Academy Deputy Director, Institute of International Relations, Greece.
- Prof. Nicos KOMNINOS, Professor of Urban Development and Innovation Policy at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Director of Urban and Regional Innovation Research (URENIO), Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Prof. Dragan LONCAR, Associate Dean, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, Serbia.
- Ms. Elitsa PANAYOTOVA, Executive Director, Sofia Tech Park, Bulgaria.
- Prof. Remus PRICOPIE, Rector and Professor at the College of Communication and Public Relations at the National University of Political Science and Public Administration, Romania; Ex-Minister of Education of Romania.
- Prof. Slavo RADOSEVIC, Professor of Industry and Innovation Studies, School of Slavonic and East European Studies, UCL, UK.
- Prof. Athanasios TSAFTARIS, Professor at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (A.U.Th.), Member of the Board of Directors of Centre for Research and Technology – Hellas (CE.R.T.H.) and Director of Institute of Agrobiotechnology (IN.A.) of CE.R.T.H, Greece.
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence”.