Preparing your application pack
- Download the Guidance Notes, Postgraduate Application Form and Reference Form.
- Read the Guidance Notes carefully before completing the Postgraduate Application Form.
- Complete all sections of the Postgraduate Application Form as requested.
- For section 'K' of the Postgraduate Application Form "Supporting Statement - Postgraduate Research Applications" please enclose a separate document with your research proposal. It is important that you prepare your research proposal according to the SEERC guidelines. To view the guidelines please click here.
- Provide supporting documents (degrees, transcripts etc.) as needed, including an updated CV.
- Use the Reference Form to obtain reference letters from your referees.
Posting your application pack
After you have completed all sections of the application form and you have enclosed your research proposal, supporting documents, and reference letters, you should proceed with posting your application pack in two copies.
Evaluation and results
Following a first screening of the proposals, a short-list of applicants is prepared and short-listed candidates are invited to an interview with an academic panel. All interview invitees are informed on the outcome of their application whether positive or negative. Successful candidates are informed of acceptance to the doctoral programme both from SEERC and the University of Sheffield so that they can begin the registration process with their respective department at the University of Sheffield.