The South East European Research Centre and the International Faculty of the University of Sheffield CITY College welcomes applications for Visiting Scholars and Visiting Research Students, who wish to spend a period of time to Thessaloniki, to conduct research which would contribute to the goals and objectives of SEERC (http://www.seerc.org/). The aim of VS and VRS is to foster knowledge exchange and research collaboration between SEERC members and members from other Universities. All applicants must propose a plan of research for the duration of their visit, preferably one which involves collaboration with SEERC and IF staff and which would be closely related to the research clusters of the Centre. Applications for VS and VRS may be made at any time during the year and for a period of time from two weeks to one academic year. Applications will first be considered by the IF Research Committee and will be accepted upon positive evaluation and available space.
A Visiting Scholar/ Visiting Research Student:
- Has access to SEERC & IF facilities and Library
- Is provided with office space
- On special well justified cases receives reimbursement towards travel expenses
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To contribute to the research environment of SEERC and IF by delivering at least one seminar during his/her staying on a topic of his/her specialization
- To participate in research group meetings as appropriate.
- To collaborate with SEERC personnel on funded research proposals as appropriate.
- To contribute to SEERC’s research agendas
- To develop networks with parent institution
- To mention SEERC on every occasion where research has been performed within this appointment’s provisions and outcomes are publicized.
How to apply:
Your application should include the following:
- Letter of interest outlining the rationale for your visit. This should include information about your planned research activities, the benefits that it will bring to your research and the ways in which you expect SEERC to benefit from the collaboration.
- Two reference letters.
- An up-to-date CV.
- The period of time that you are interested in staying at Thessaloniki
- Statement of Living Costs providing an outline on how the applicant proposes to meet their living costs during their stay