Mr. Nikos Zaharis is the Director of SEERC. His goal is to build up and expand SEERC's research agenda and strengthen research partnerships internationally and in the South East European Region focusing on issues of economic and regional development, IT policy and social development.
Mr. Zaharis has a Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, an MSc degree in Chemical Engineering from Pennsylvania State University, USA, as well as a series of continuous education certificates on various management topics.
He has more than 17 years experience as a consultant and manager working for industrial as well as public sector organizations on issues ranging from quality and environmental management to managing of research, economic and regional development in Greece and in a series of eastern European countries
- VIBE - Venture Initiative in the Balkan Europe
- ISCOM - Intelligent System in Supply Chain Monitoring and Optimization
- ICT-KOSEU - Supporting Dialogue and Cooperation between Europe and Kosovo (under UNSCR 1244) in Collaborative ICT R&D
- SEE - SCIENCE - Boosting innovation through capacity building and networking of science centres in the SEE region
- INNOPOLIS - Innovation Policy in University City Regions
- INTERVALUE - Inter-regional cooperation for valorisation of research results
- MEDLAB - Mediterranean Living Lab for Territorial Innovation
- AsviLoc Plus - Agency Supporting Value of Innovation System in Regional & Local Economies
- ICT-WEB-PROMS - Promoting ICT cooperation opportunities and policy dialogue with the Western Balkan Countries
- WBC-INCO.NET - Coordination of Research Policies with the Western Balkan Countries (project team lead)
- MIRIAD - Managing and Infusing Research Investment and Development